IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Browne, Thomas, Sir, 1605-1682, The garden of Cyrus, or, The quincuncial Lozenge, or, Network plantations of the ancients artificially, naturally, mystically consider'd , MCMXXIII 
The garden of Cyrus, or, The quincuncial Lozenge, or, Network plantations of the ancients artificially, naturally, mystically consider'd / by Sir Thomas Browne, physician of Norwich.
- Additional Title(s):
Garden of Cyrus
Network plantations of the ancients artifically, naturally, mystically consider'd
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : Printed & sold at the Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXIII 
- Physical Description:
- , 4-58,  pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3327 .A64 1923+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Here ends the Garden of Cyrus, or The Quincuncial Lozenge, or Network plantations of the ancients. CXV copies, of which CV are for sale, printed at the Golden Cockerel Press & finished April VI, MCMXXIII."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 11
SML,Y Ij B818 C923 1: No. 81.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 51 of 115. Bound in beige quarter buckram with gray paper covered boards. Bookplate: Percy Lancelot Babington.
- Subject Terms:
- Babington, Percy Lancelot -- Bookplate.Cyrus, the Great, King of Persia, -530 B.C. or 529 B.C.Gardening -- Early works to 1800.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawence.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.