Brooke, Henry, 1703?-1783, Gustavus Vasa, the deliverer of his country , 1778
- Gustavus Vasa, the deliverer of his country : a tragedy / written by Henry Brooke, Esq. ; as intended to have been performed at the Theatre-Royal in Drury-Lane.
- London : Printed for John Bell, 1778.
- Physical Description:
- 72 p. : ill., port. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3326.B4 A7 1778Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George Gregory Smart, Yale BA 1977Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- At head of title: Bell's edition.
Includes an engraved frontispiece portrait of Mrs. Masey in the character of Christina. Engraved after James Roberts.
ESTC (RLIN), T35931
BEIR Ib70 t776 18 copy 1: No. 5 of 5 titles bound together.
BEIR Ib70 t776 18 copy 2: No. 4 of 5 titles bound together.
BEIR b70 t776af 18: No. 5 of 5 titles bound together.
BAC: British Art Center copy disbound.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell, John -- Publisher.English drama -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1778.Gustaf I Vasa, King of Sweden, 1496-1560 -- Drama.Gustaf I Vasa, King of Sweden, 1496-1560 -- In literature.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.