Mason, William, 1725-1797, An heroic postscript to the public,, 1774
- An heroic postscript to the public, occasioned by their favourable reception of a late heroic epistle to Sir William Chambers ... By the author of that epistle ...
- The 3d ed.
- London, Printed for J. Almon, 1774.
- Physical Description:
- 14 p. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5101 M394 N4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Bound with: [Mundy, F.N.C.] Needwood Forest. Lichfield, 1776.
Advertisements: 1 leaf at end.
The Heroic epistle was ostensibly a satire on Sir William Chambers' Dissertation on oriental gardening, but largely political. The Heroic postscript is also a satire on the government.
BEIR WD 7948: Half-title wanting. Poor condition.
- Subject Terms:
- Chambers, William, Sir, 1723-1796. Dissertation on oriental gardening.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1760-1789.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.