Hydriotaphia, urn-burial, or, A discourse of the sepulchral urns lately found in Norfolk / by Sir Thomas Browne, physician of Norwich.
- Additional Title(s):
Discourse of the sepulchral urns lately found in Norfolk
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : Printed & sold at the Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXIII 
- Physical Description:
- 47,  pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3327 .A65 1923+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Here ends Hydriotaphia: urn burial, or a discourse of the sepulchral urns lately found in Norfolk. CXV copies, of which CV are for sale, printed at the Golden Cockerel Press. Finished March XVII, MCMXXIII."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 10
SML,Y Ij B818 C923 3: No. 81.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 51 of 115. Bound in beige quarter buckram with gray paper covered boards. Bookplate: Percy Lancelot Babington.
- Subject Terms:
- Babington, Percy Lancelot -- Bookplate.Norfolk (England) -- Antiquities.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Urn burial.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
YCBA Collections Search
Browne, Thomas, Sir, 1605-1682, Hydriotaphia, urn-burial, or, A discourse of the sepulchral urns lately found in Norfolk , MCMXXIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.