British hunts and huntsmen : in four volumes : containing a short history of each fox and stag hunt in the British Isles ; together with biographical records of masters past and present and some members of each hunt ...
- London : Published by The Biographical Press, 1908-1911.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .B75 1908+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations are heliogravure etchings, halftone photoengravings and line photoengravings.
Podeschi, J.B. Horse and horsemanship, 296, 300, 303, 306
BAC: British Art Center copy in 4 volumes. Red half morocco, and pebble grain reddish-pink cloth covers; gold lines tooled on front and back covers and spine, gold lettering on spine, all edges gilt.
- Subject Terms:
- Biographical Press -- Publisher.Deer hunting -- Great Britain -- History.Fox hunting -- Great Britain -- History.Hunters -- Great Britain -- Biography.Hunting -- Great Britain -- History.Hunting -- Great Britain.
- Photogravures -- 1908-1911.
Photomechanical prints -- 1908-1911.
- [Vol. 1] The south-west of England
- [vol. 2] The south-east, east, and eastern midlands of England
- [vol. 3] The north-east, and western midlands of England and Wales
- [vol. 4] England (North), Scotland, and Ireland.