IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cawse, John, 1779-1862, Introduction to the art of painting in oil colours , 1822
Introduction to the art of painting in oil colours / by J. Cawse ; with plates explanatory of the different pallets used in the progress of painting a portrait or landscape.
- London : Printed for R. Ackermann, by J. Diggens, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 22 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1473 .C3View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIN 1997 1393: From the library of Ralph Hodgson. Advertising matter on  p. at end, not included in pagination.
"Price five shillings."--Title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy has "Ackermann's catalogue. 1824",  p. at end. Bound in quarter calf and gray boards, with publisher's printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Color -- Technique.Diggens, J. -- Printer.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1822.Hodgson, Ralph, 1871-1962 -- Ownership. (BEIN)Landscape painting -- Technique.Painting -- Study and teaching.Painting -- Technique.Portrait painting -- Study and teaching.
- Publishers' advertisements.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.