Annals of horsemanship : containing accounts of accidental experiments, and experimental accidents, both successful and unsuccessful : communicated by various correspondents to Geoffrey Gambado, Esq., author of The academy for grown horsemen ; together with most instructive remarks thereon, and answers thereto, by that accomplished genius ; and now first published, by the editor of The academy for grown horsemen ; illustrated with cuts by the most eminent artists.
- London : Printed by W. Nicholson, Warner Street, for W. Baynes, 54, Paternoster Row, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, , 81,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF301 .B86 1808+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Issued with:
Illustrated with 17 stipple engravings which are evidently re-engravings of a series of earlier prints originally executed by Thomas Rowlandson after Bunbury; some of the plates bear the faint but legible remains of a signature at foot reading, "J. Baldrey Sc.", suggesting that he was responsible for some or all of the engravings in the volume.
Illustrations are stipple engravings in sepia by William Dickinson; after Henry William Bunbury.
Last page blank.
MUDD Uzfe35 +808b: With his An academy for grown horsemen. London, 1808.
BAC: British Art Center copy signed in manuscript: Anne Ekins, Feby. 9th, 1810. Bound in contemporary dark brown three-quarter calf, and marbled board covers. Bound with: An academy for grown horsemen ... / by Geoffrey Gambado ... London : Printed by W. Nicholson, Warner Street, for W. Baynes, 54, Paternoster Row, 1808.
- Subject Terms:
- Ekins, Anne -- Autograph.Horse sports -- Great Britain.Horsemanship -- Great Britain.
- Stipple engravings -- 1808.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.