Le Clerc, Sébastien, 1637-1714, Magnum in parvo,, 1671
- Magnum in parvo, or, The practice of geometry with a new order and particular method thereof. Wherein is contained examples of landskips, pieces of prospective, and the like: represented by eighty two plates; each plate having a full description. Publish'd in English by R. P. for the lovers of art ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Pratique de la géométrie, sur le papier et sur le terrain. English
- London, Printed for Robert Prick, 1671.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.., 178,  p. ill., plate. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQA464 L462Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : In this copy, the plate which should follow p. 178 has been bound in after the 4th preliminary leaf; the illustrations on p. 127 and 131 have been cancelled.
Translation of his Pratique de la géométrie, sur le papier et sur le terrain, first published in 1669.
Later published under titles: Practical geometry; Bowles's practical geometry.
Wing L. 829.
Numerous errors in paging.
Illustrations recut by Pricke from engravings by the author.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Geometrical drawing.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.