The excellency of the pen and pencil, exemplifying the uses of them in the most exquisite and mysterious arts of drawing, etching, engraving, limning. Painting in oyl, washing of maps & pictures ... Collected from the writings of the ablest masters, both antient and modern, as Albert Durer, P. Lomantius, and divers others. Furnished with divers cuts in copper, being copied from the best masters ...
- London, Printed by T. Ratcliff and T. Daniel, for D. Newman and R. Jones, 1668.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.., 121 p. ill., fold. plates. 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC705 E9Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisements: verso of 7th preliminary leaf, and 8th preliminary leaf.
BAC : Error in paging: pages 45-48 repeated in numbering.
BAC : Wing E.3779.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.