Carpenter, Percy, 1820-1895, Hog hunting in Lower Bengal , 
Hog hunting in Lower Bengal / illustrated by Percy Carpenter.
- London : Published Decr. 2nd 1861 by Day & Son ; 
[London] : W. Thacker & Co. London ; 
[Calcutta] : Thacker Spink & Co. Calcutta, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 57 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 12Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- At head of title: Dedicated by permission to the Calcutta Tent Club.
Each plate accompanied by a leaf of descriptive letterpress.
Preface dated 1861.
Lithographs by Edmund Walker; after Percy Carpenter. Plates printed by Day & Son.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red quarter morocco, and red cloth, with title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art.Day & Son -- Printer.Day & Son -- Publisher.Hunting -- Pictorial works.Thacker Spink & Co. -- Publisher.W. Thacker & Co. -- Publisher.Wild boar -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1861.
- [Title page]
- Vultures devouring the hog
- The Meet
- The Beat
- The first spear
- The charge
- The hog at bay
- The death
- The tent club at Tiffin.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.