Twelve packs of hounds : being a colllection of sketches of some of the hounds, and their masters that I have seen / John Charlton.
- London : Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., Ltd. ; 1891.
Newcastle-on-Tyne : Mawson, Swan & Morgan, 1891.
- Physical Description:
- 104 p. : ill. ; 36 x 45 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 64Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original pictorial white cloth.
Descriptions along with histories and sketches of 12 organized English fox hunts.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Great Britain.Foxhounds -- Great Britain.Hunting -- Great Britain.Mawson, Swan & Morgan -- Publisher.Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., Ltd -- Publisher.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1891.
- The Morpeth
- The Tynedale
- The Braes of Derwent
- The North Durham
- The South Durham
- The Cleveland
- The Eskdale
- The Pytchley
- The Pytchley (Woodland)
- Lord Tredegar's
- The Pembrokeshire
- The Devon and Somerset staghounds.