Charlton, John, 1849-1917, Twelve packs of hounds , 1891
- Twelve packs of hounds : being a colllection of sketches of some of the hounds, and their masters that I have seen / John Charlton.
- London : Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., Ltd. ; 1891.
Newcastle-on-Tyne : Mawson, Swan & Morgan, 1891.
- Physical Description:
- 104 p. : ill. ; 36 x 45 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 64Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Descriptions along with histories and sketches of 12 organized English fox hunts.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original pictorial white cloth.
- The Morpeth -- The Tynedale -- The Braes of Derwent -- The North Durham -- The South Durham -- The Cleveland -- The Eskdale -- The Pytchley -- The Pytchley (Woodland) -- Lord Tredegar's -- The Pembrokeshire -- The Devon and Somerset staghounds.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Great Britain.Foxhounds -- Great Britain.Hunting -- Great Britain.Mawson, Swan & Morgan -- Publisher.Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., Ltd -- Publisher.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1891.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.