Allen, Thomas, 1803-1833, The picturesque beauties of Great Britain, 
- The picturesque beauties of Great Britain: illustrated by topographical, historical, and critical notices; combining every interesting object, ancient and modern. From an elaborate survey, and original designs taken upon the spot ... Kent.
- London, George Virtue 
- Physical Description:
- 130 p. front., plates, fold. map. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 K3 A4 1832+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : "Printed by C. Baynes."
BAC : Plates by H. Adlard, J. Rogers, J.B. Allen, C. Mottram, W. Watkins, S. Lacey, T. Garner, McClatchie, John Cleghorn, B. Winkles, C. Armstrong, R. Roffe, J. Rolph, H. Smith, I. Lambert, C. Bedford, J. Hinchliff, W. Hinchliff, J. Henshall and J. Fothergill; after George Shepherd, Campion, J. Fussell, T.M. Baynes, J. Salmon, W.H. Bartlett, H. Gastineau, J.P. Neale, I. Baynes, Burford, and Deeble.
Despite changes in arrangement and slight variations in wording, the dscriptive notices generally follow those of the 1835 edition, which were credited to Thomas Allen.
Plates dated 1828-32.
Added t.-p., engraved: Virtue's picturesque beauties of Great Britain: in a series of views, by the most approved artists, taken expressly for this work, by Messrs. G. Shepherd, H. Gastineau, &c &c. ... London, George Virtue, 1832.
MUDD WD 10000: Bound with Wright, Geo. N. Ireland illustrated ... London, 1831.
- Subject Terms:
- Kent (England) -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.