Brookshaw, George, 1751-1823., A new treatise on flower painting, or,, 1816
- A new treatise on flower painting, or, Every lady her own drawing master: containing familiar and easy instructions for acquiring a perfect knowledge of drawing flowers with accuracy and taste: also complete directions for producing the various tints. By George Brookshaw ...
- London, Printed for John Booth, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.., 36 p. col. front., plates (part col.) 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2300 B8+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Reference LibraryFilm B86Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BAC : Plates "published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown, & J Lepard."
BAC : "Cornish and Co. printers."
BAC: Microfilm of copy held by the University of Ohio available (Bac,Ref)
A plagiary of G. Brown's book of the same name, first published in 1794.
With the exception of one plate, all plates are in colored and uncolored versions.
- Subject Terms:
- Flowers in art -- Study and teaching.Watercolor painting.