The anatomy of humane bodies, with figures drawn after the life ... and curiously engraven in one hundred and fourteen copper plates, illustrated with large explications, containing many new anatomical discoveries, and chirurgical observations: to which is added an introduction explaining the animal oeconomy, with a copious index. By William Cowper.
- Oxford, Printed at the Theater, for Sam. Smith and Benj. Walford, London, 1698.
- Physical Description:
-  p. 114 col. plates (part fold.) col. port. 63 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B Q 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC : Mezzotint portrait of the author by J. Smith, after J. Closterman; the nine plates in the "Appendix" are by M. Van der Gucht, after H. Cook; the remainder of the plates are by Peter and Philip Van Gunst after Gérard de Lairesse.--Cf. D.N.B.; Thieme-Becker; Willem Vasbinder. Govard Bidloo en William Cowper. Utrecht, 1948.
Based on Govard Bidloo's Anatomia humani corporis.
Added t.-p., engr., included in paging.
Title vignette, engraved by J. Sturt, after his own design.
- Subject Terms:
- Human anatomy -- Atlases.Human anatomy -- Early works to 1800.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.