Bell, John, 1763-1820, The anatomy of the human body ... , 1802-1804
The anatomy of the human body ... / by John Bell ...
- The third edition.
- London : Printed by A. Strahan ... for T.N. Longman and O. Rees ... and T. Cadell Jun. and W. Davies ..., 1802-1804.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : ill. (engravings) ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQM23 B4 1802+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Vol. 1: xxxvi, 459,  p.; v. 2: xxxi, , 496 p.,  leaves of plates; v. 3: xii, 495,  p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded); v. 4: viii, 390, , iv, iv p.,  leaves of plates.
Russell, K.F. British anatomy, 1525-1800, , p. 49-51
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC : British Art Center copy comprises volume 1 only; lacks title page. The volume belonged to Benjamin Robert Haydon (1786-1846) and includes his figure studies and manuscript notes throughout. The notes include comments -- some fiercely critical -- on "pupils" such as Charles Lock Eastlake, Edwin Landseer, and others.
- Subject Terms:
- Eastlake, Charles Lock, Sir, 1793-1865.Haydon, Benjamin Robert, 1786-1846 -- Annotations.Haydon, Benjamin Robert, 1786-1846 -- Original art.Human anatomy.Landseer, Edwin, Sir, 1802-1873.
- (From the title pages) Vol. I. Containing the anatomy of the bones, muscles and joints
- vol. II. Containing the anatomy of the heart and arteries
- vol. III. Containing the nervous system, with plates ... / by Charles Bell ...
- IV. Containing the anatomy of the viscera of the abdomen, the parts of the male and female pelvis, and the lymphatic system ... / by Charles Bell ...
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.