The circle of the mechanical arts; containing practical treatises on the various manual arts, trades, and manufactures. By Thomas Martin, civil engineer, assisted by eminent professional mechanics and manufacturers. Illustrated by numerous engravings.
- 2d ed.
- London, Printed for Richard Rees, and Sherwood, Neeley, and Jones; 1815.
Plymouth, W. Curtis, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., [iii]-616 p. front., ill., plates. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT45 M38 1815+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Plates by John Taylor, G. Harvey, Junr., J. Farey, Junr., and Lowry.
BAC : "J. M'Creery, Printer."
Text in double columns.
A number of plates published in Plymouth by Gale, Curtis, & Fenner, & Rees, & Curtis; others published by Gale & Curtis, London, and Rees & Curtis, Plymouth.
- Subject Terms:
- Industrial arts.Technology.
YCBA Collections Search
Martin, Thomas, civil engineer, The circle of the mechanical arts;, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.