The gallery of nature and art: or, A tour through creation and science. Comprising new and entertaining descriptions of the most surprising volcanoes, caverns, cataracts, whirlpools, waterfalls, earthquakes, and other wonderful and stupendous phenomena of nature. Forming a rich and comprehensive view of all that is interesting and curious in every part of the habitable world. By the Rev. E. Polehampton, and J.M. Good, F.R.S. Illustrated by one hundred engravings.
- A new ed., carefully revised and corrected ...
- London, Printed for R.N. Rose, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. fronts., ill., plates (part fold.) 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH45.5 P6View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Plates by Angus, H.R. Cook, Scott, T. Owen, White, W. Deeble, Berry, Lacey, T. Lester, Hay, Ranson, T.L. Busby Kanguisser, Robinson, Romney, Clarke, T.W. Cook, Rivers, and C. Middlemist; after Pether, Craig, L. Clennell, Thurston, and Hopkins.
BAC : Folding plate in v. 1 published by R. Wilks.
BAC : V. 1-2 printed by J. M'Creery; v. 3-6 printed by W. Wilson.
Title varies in v. 3-6.
V. 3-6 printed for Walker and Co., Robinson and Co., Andrews, and J. Bumpus.
- Subject Terms:
- Curiosities and wonders -- Early works to 1900.Natural disasters.Natural history -- Miscellanea.
YCBA Collections Search
Polehampton, Edward, 1777?-1830, The gallery of nature and art, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.