Monboddo, James Burnett, Lord, 1714-1799, Of the origin and progress of language .., 1774-92
- Of the origin and progress of language ...
- Edinburgh, Printed for J. Balfour, Edinburgh, and T. Cadell, London, 1774-92.
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. front. (v. 6: port.) 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsP101 M55 1774Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Frontispiece, vol. VI, by Chas. Sherwin, after I. Brown.
BEIR F43 M75: Vol. 1 and 3, 2d edition (v. 1 of 1st edition appeared in 1773).
Volume I: 2d ed. With large additions and corrections.
Imprint varies: vol. IV-V printed for J. Bell, Edinburgh, and T. Cadell, London; vol. VI printed for Bell & Bradfute, Edinburgh, and T. Cadell, London.
"Three dissertations, viz. I. Of the formation of the Greek language. 2. Of the sound of the Greek language. 3. Of the composition of the antients: and particularly of that of Demosthenes": v. 2, p. 513-588.
- Subject Terms:
- Language and languages.Rhetoric.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.