The habit and the horse : a treatise on female equitation / by Mrs. J. Stirling Clarke ; with illustrations, lithographed by Messrs. Day & Son, from photographs by Herbert Watkins.
- London : Published by the authoress, and may be obtained of J. Rogers, at Raby's, 46, Wigmore Street, Cavendish Square, (W.), 1857.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 216 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .C53 1857+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Published also the same year as The ladies' equestrian guide.
Tinted lithographs by Edmond Moring; after J. Burkill.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 191
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red half calf and marlbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Oliver Belmont.
- Subject Terms:
- Belmont, Oliver -- Bookplate.Clothing and dress.Horsemanship -- Equipment and supplies.Horsemanship.Horsemen and horsewomen -- Clothing.Riding habit.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.