A new treatise on flower painting, or, Every lady her own drawing master: containing familiar and easy instructions for acquiring a perfect knowledge of drawing flowers with accuracy and taste: also complete directions for producing the various tints. By George Brookshaw ...
- London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, [etc.] 1818.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.., 36 p. col. front., col. ill., 23 plates (partly col.) 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2300 B8 1818+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 96 (Abbey copy).
BAC : "John M'Creery, printer."
A plagiary of G. Brown's book of the same name, first published in 1797.
With the exception of one plate, all plates are in colored and uncolored versions.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration.Flowers in art.Watercolor painting.
YCBA Collections Search
Brookshaw, George, 1751-1823, A new treatise on flower painting,, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.