Eclipse & OK̓elly; being a complete history so far as is known of that celebrated English thoroughbred Eclipse (1764-1789), of his breeder the Duke of Cumberland & of his subsequent owners William Wildman, Dennis OK̓elly & Andrew OK̓elly, now for the first time set forth from the original authorities & family memoranda. By Theodore Andrea Cook ...
- London, W. Heinemann, 1907.
- Physical Description:
- xxx p., 1 l., 312 p., 1 l. front., illus., plates, ports., facsims. 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 536Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 293
MUDD Uzfe85 Ec6: "This edition is limited to one hundred copies, of which this is no. 45."
BAC: British Art Center copy: Diagonal fine, rib-grain red cloth; stamped in black on front cover, stamped in gilt on front cover and spine, (pictorial stamping of horseheads on front cover), blind stamped on back cover, top edge gilt. Half-title, frontispiece, title-page, 2 color photolithographs, 48 halftone-photoengravings, 10 plates of line-photoengravings, 2 plates of heliogravure etchings, 2 line-photoengravings in text. Spine height: 10 1/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Eclipse (Horse)Horse racing.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.