"Ten thousand Chinese things." A descriptive catalogue of the Chinese collection, now exhibiting at St. George's Place, Hyde Park Corner; with condensed accounts of the genius, government, history, literature, agriculture, arts, trade, manners, customs, and social life of the people of the Celestial empire. By William B. Langdon ...
- Hundredth and one thousand.
- London, Printed for the proprietor, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.l., -170 p. front., plates. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS714 D927 1844Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Plates by B.M. and P. Cruik, after W.H. Prior and A. Crowquill.
BAC : "Printed by G. M'Kewan."
Title also in Chinese at head of t.-p.
A private collection, made by Nathan Dunn and first exhibited in 1839 at the Philadelphia museum, whence it was removed to London in 1842.--Cf. Scharf and Westcott, History of Philadelphia, 1884, v. 2, p. 948-949.
- Subject Terms:
- China -- Civilization.China -- Social life and customs.Molesworth, William, Sir, 1810-1855 -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.