Green, Valentine, 1739-1813, A survey of the city of Worcester,, 1764
- A survey of the city of Worcester, containing the ecclesiastical and civil government thereof, as originally founded, and the present administration as since reformed. Comprehending also the most material parts of its history, from its foundation to the present time. Extracted from the best authorities. Together with an account of whatever is most remarkable for grandeur, elegance, curiosity, or use, in this antient city. The whole embellished with sixteen copper-plates of perspective views of the publick buildings, &c. engraved from original drawings, taken on purpose for this work ... By Valentine Green ...
- Worcester, Printed by J. Butler for S. Gamidge, 1764.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., vii, , 252 p. plates (part fold.) map. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 W9 G69Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : One plate by I. Taylor, after his own design; the rest by R. Hancock, after the author.
Later enlarged, and published under title: The history and antiquities of the city and suburbs of Worcester.
- Subject Terms:
- Worcester (England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.