Bewick's woodcuts: impressions of upwards of two thousand wood-blocks, engraved, for the most part, by Thomas & John Bewick ... including illustrations of various kinds of books, pamphlets, and broadsides ... with an introduction, a descriptive catalogue of the blocks, and a list of the books and pamphlets illustrated. By Thomas Hugo ...
- London, L. Reeve & co., 1870.
- Physical Description:
- vii p.,1 leaf, 28 p. front. (port.) 247 plates. 39 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1147.6 B47 H8+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : A few plates by Green or W.W. Temple; a few after Hogarth or Thurston, according to the "Numerical catalogue."
BAC : Also included are impressions from blocks by Lee, Harvey, Clennell, and other pupils of Bewick's, according to the introduction.
BAC : "Printed by Vincent Brooks, Day and Son."
- Subject Terms:
- Illustrated books -- Bibliography.Wood-engraving, British.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.