Swan, Abraham, The British architect, or, The builder's treasury of stair-cases, 1745
- The British architect, or, The builder's treasury of stair-cases. Containing, I. An easier, more intelligible, and expeditious method of drawing the five orders ... II. Likewise stair-cases ... III. Designs of arches, doors, and windows. IV. A great variety of new and curious chimney-pieces ... V. Corbels, shields, and other beautiful decorations. VI. Several useful and necessary rules of carpentry ... The whole being illustrated with upwards of one hundred designs and examples, curiously engraved ... on sixty folio copper- plates. By Abraham Swan, carpenter.
- London, Printed for the author, and sold by Thomas Meighan and W. Meadows, 1745.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 20 p. LX plates. 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 59Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Plates by Edw. Rooker and B. Cole, after the author.
BAC : Ms. notations on the versos of a number of plates.
BAC : Title vignette; tail-piece.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Stair building.Staircases.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.