Raspe, Rudolf Erich, 1737-1794, A critical essay on oil-painting;, 1781
- A critical essay on oil-painting; proving that the art of painting in oil was known before the pretended discovery of John and Hubert van Eyck; to which are added, Theophilus De arte pingendi, Eraclius De artibus Romanorum. And a review of Farinator's Lumen anima︠e︡, by R.E. Raspe ...
- London, Printed for the author by H. Goldney, and sold by T. Cadell, 1781.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 148 p. 1 plate. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND49 R3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Subject Terms:
- Eyck, Hubert van, 1366-1426.Eyck, Jan van, 1390-1440.Lumen animae.Painting -- Early works to 1800.Painting -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.