Sirr, Henry Charles, 1807-1872, China and the Chinese, 1849
- China and the Chinese: their religion, character, customs, and manufactures: the evils arising from the opium trade: with a glance at our religious, moral, political and commercial intercourse with the country. By Henry Charles Sirr ...
- London, W.S. Orr & co., 1849.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. col. fronts. 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS709 S62Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 141
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Abbey, Travel, 544 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Frontispieces lithographed by Maclure, Macdonald & Macgregor.
BAC : "Printed by Stewart and Murray."
Half-title: Chinese researches, anecdotes, and reflections, commercial and political.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- China -- Commerce.China.Opium trade.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.