A collection of designs in architecture, containing new plans and elevations of houses, for general use. With a great variety of sections of rooms, from a common room to the most grand and magnificent. Their decorations, viz. bases, surbases, architraves, freezes, and cornices, properly inriched with foliages, frets and flowers, in a new and grand taste. With margents and mouldings for the panelling: all large enough for practice. To which are added, curious designs of stone and timber bridges ... Likewise some screens and pavilions ... By Abraham Swan, architect ...
- London, Printed for and sold by Robert Sayer [ca. 1768]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1. 125 plates. 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 58Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC : Head- and tail-pieces.
BAC : Plates by J. Addison, T. Miller, and F. Patten, after the author.
Published ca. 1768: the author's Upwards of one hundred and fifty new designs for chimney pieces, London, 1768 is advertised at the back.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Bridges -- Design and construction.
YCBA Collections Search
Swan, Abraham, A collection of designs in architecture,, [ca. 1768]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.