The tourist's new guide, containing a description of the lakes, mountains, and scenery, in Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire, with some account of their bordering towns and villages. Being the result of observations made during a residence of eighteen years in Ambleside and Keswick. By William Green ...
- Kendal, R. Lough and co., 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. front. (fold. map) plates. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L1 G72 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L1 G72 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is wanting the leaf of errata at the end of vol. 1. Copy 2 is the Abbey copy and has a supplementary slip of errata tipped in at the end of vol. 2, has the indices for each volume bound in after the preliminaries of each volume.
BAC : "Errata": 1 leaf at end of vols. 1 and 2.
BAC : Plan engraved by J. & G. Menzies, after J. Otley.
MUDD Edea L14 819g: Bk. pl. cd. Price, Bulkeley.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery 190
Caption title: A guide to the lakes, including a description of sixty aquatints published by William Green.
- Subject Terms:
- Lake District (England) -- Description and travel.Lough (R.) and Co. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.