A view of the tunnel under the Thames, as it will appear when completed.
- [London] S.F. Gouyn, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- 7 col. plates. 12 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 V53Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 502 (Abbey copy).
In case with illustrated label, as issued.
The "plates" are actually six cutout panels, and a backdrop, connected top and bottom by paper, to form a telescopic peepshow.
Title from top panel.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 64
Hyde, R. Paper peepshows, cat. 208
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Subject Terms:
- Thames Tunnel (London, England)Tunnels -- England -- London.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.