IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gartside, Mary, An essay on light and shade,, 1805
An essay on light and shade, on colours, and on composition in general; by M. Gartside ...
- London, Printed for the author, by T. Davison, and sold by T. Gardiner, 1805.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., 43,  p. 11 plates (part col.) 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2300 G3+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 127 (Abbey copy).
The last 8 "plates" are actually watercolors.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration.Color.Composition (Art)Flowers in art.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.