Havell, Robert, d. 1832, The natuorama; or Endless transposition of views on the Thames ... The drawings taken from nature,, 
- The natuorama; or Endless transposition of views on the Thames ... The drawings taken from nature, by R. Havell, jun.
- London, Havell and Co., L. Lorant 
- Physical Description:
- 18 col. plates. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 H35Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- A myriorama, comprised of 18 views of scenes bordering the Thames.
Hyde dates the item 1825, based on a surviving uncut sheet bearing that date.
The plates are laid in a case. Hinged to the case is a cut out plate of Pope in his grotto (not included in collation).
Title from label affixed to the inside front cover of the case.
Plate 2 watermarked 1824.
Hyde, R. "Myrioramas, endless landscapes." In Print Quarterly, vol. 21, no. 4 (2004), p. 409-411
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 55
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Thames River (England) -- Pictorial works.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.