Clark, John Heaviside, ca. 1770-1863, Myriorama, a collection of many thousand landscapes,, 1824
- Myriorama, a collection of many thousand landscapes, designed by Mr. Clark.
- London, Samuel Leigh, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 2 pts. col. plates. 23 x 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 M9 copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 M9 copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has two copies of part one. Copy two is imperfect: its case and the flyer are wanting.
BAC : Front cover of the case for part one engraved by Sidy. Hall.
Two cases, the first containing 16 colored plates, the second containing 24.
Title from cases.
Subtitle varies: the title on the case for the second part reads Myriorama, second series. Italian scenery.
Part one is accompanied by a two page flyer from the publisher. Page two of this flyer lists "Books, &c., published by Samuel Leigh ..."
Part two is undated. It was advertised as "ready for publication" in the Gentleman's Magazine, May, 1824.
Hyde, R. "Myrioramas, endless landscapes." In Print Quarterly, vol. 21, no. 4 (2004), p. 419
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 53
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.