Perspective view of the tunnel now making under the Thames,, 1825
- Perspective view of the tunnel now making under the Thames, between Rotherhithe & Wapping, about two miles below London Bridge.
- [London?] 1825.
- Physical Description:
- 7 col. plates. 13 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 P4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- In case, as issued.
Title and date of publication from label on back of case.
The "plates" are actually six cutout panels, and a backdrop, connected top and bottom by paper, to form a telescopic peepshow.
Title on front of case, and from front panel of peepshow, reads: The tunnel.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 61
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Thames Tunnel (London, England)Tunnels -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.