A brief narrative of the shipwreck of the transport "Premier" : near the mouth of the river St. Lawrence, on the 4th November, 1843, having on board the headquarter wing of the second battalion of the First or Royal regiment, proceeding from North America to the West Indies / illustrated with several engravings from sketches made on the spot by George R. Dartnell ; the drawings in lithotint by J.A. Hammersley.
- Additional Title(s):
Wreck of the Transport Premier
- London : Published by Jeremiah How, 132 Fleet Street, 1845.
London : Printed by A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 37, , 2 pages, 6 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG530 .P74 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: Wreck of the transport Premier.
List of subscribers: pages [vii]-xv.
Wood-engraved vignette on title page.
Lithographs printed by Charles Hullmandel.
Publisher's advertisements: pages [i]-[ii] at front and 2 pages at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue-green cloth.Presentation inscription: Mr. Westall with the best wishes regards of the author. Chatheese. 11th Sept. 1852.
- Subject Terms:
- Darnell, George R. -- Presentation inscription to Mr. Westall, 1852 September 11.How, Jeremiah, publisher.Premier (Ship)Shipwrecks -- Saint Lawerence River.Westall, Mr. -- Presentation inscription from the author, 1852 September 11.
- Lithographs -- 1845.
Wood engravings -- 1845.
YCBA Collections Search
Dartnell, George R., 1799-1878, A brief narrative of the shipwreck of the transport "Premier" , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.