IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Daumas, E. (Eugène), 1803-1871, The horses of the Sahara and the manners of the desert , 1863
The horses of the Sahara and the manners of the desert / by E. Daumas, General of Division commanding at Bordeaux, Senator, etc., etc. ; with commentaries by the Emir Abd-el-Kader ; translated from the French by James Hutton (the only authorised translation)
- Additional Title(s):
Chevaux de Sahara et les mœurs du désert. 1: Les chevaux du Sahara. English
- London : Wm. H. Allen & Co., 13, Waterloo Place, S.W., 1863.
Bordeaux : G. Gounouilhou, rue Guiraude, 11, 1863.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 355,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF283 .D38 1863Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printer's statement from verso of half-title.
Last page blank.
Includes, page [ii], publisher's advertisement for Edward Mayhew's The illustrated horse doctor and his The illustrated stable economy.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 202
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green gilt-stamped patterned cloth. Pictorial stamping of gold Arab and horse on front cover. With half title page. Bookplate: T. Winthrop Coite.
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian horse -- Sahara.Coite, T. Winthrop -- Bookplate.Gounouilhou, Gustave, printerSahara.
- Publishers advertisements.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.