A history of the York and Ainsty hunt / by William Scarth Dixon ; author of "A History of the Bramham Moor Hunt," "In the North Countree," &c.
- Leeds : Richard Jackson, 1899.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 6-276 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK287.Y6 D59 1899+ Oversize Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK287.Y6 D59 1899+ Oversize Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This edition is limited to two hundred copies."--Page [iv].
With title page vignette.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 270
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 (29 cm) bound in publisher's original violet-blue quarter cloth and cloth. Has tipped in: autograph letter signed, 7 July 1918, from by William Scarth Dixon to Harry Worcester Smith. Bookplates: Harry Worcester Smith, Edward M. Crane. Signed in manuscript: Edward Salt, Bathampton House nr Bath.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is a large paper copy (32 cm) . Bound in publisher's quarter dark blue leather and tan cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Crane, Edward M. -- Bookplate.Dixon, William Scarth -- Letter to Harry Worcester Smith, 5 July 1918.Dog sports -- Great Britain.Fox hunting -- Great Britain.Horse sports -- Great Britain.Jackson, Richard -- Publisher.Salt, Edward -- Autograph.Smith, Harry Worcester -- Bookplate.Smith, Harry Worcester -- Letter from William Scarth Dixon, 5 July 1918.York and Ainsty Hunt -- History.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1899.
YCBA Collections Search
Dixon, William Scarth, A history of the York and Ainsty hunt , 1899
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.