Winkles's architectural and picturesque illustrations of the cathedral churches of England and Wales; the drawings made from sketches taken expressly for this work, by Robert Garland ... With descriptions by Thomas Moule ...
- London, Effingham Wilson, and Charles Tilt, 1836-42.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. plates, plans. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5461 W5+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Plates by the author, H. Winkles, J. Cleghorn, T. Turnbull, Wm. Deeble,
BAC : Some plates printed by E. Brain, E. Whitcher, or A. Storer.
BAC : Text of v. 1-2 printed by Coe; of v. 3 by Clarke.
BEIN 2017 +96: Vol. 1 published by Tilt and Bogue, Fleet Street and dated 1838 on spine. Binder's stamps of Andy Grieve, Edinburgh in vols. 1-3.
Added t.-p., engraved: (v.1) Cathedral churches of Great Britain by H. & B. Winkles; (v. 2-3) Cathedral churches of England and Wales.
Vol. 3 published by Tilt and Bogue.
Vol. 2: The drawings made from sketches [etc.] by Robert Garland... With an historical and descriptive account. Vol. 3: The drawings made from sketches taken expressly for this work. With historical and descriptive accounts.
- Subject Terms:
- Cathedrals -- England.Cathedrals -- Wales.
- v.1. Salisbury cathedral. Canterbury cathedral. York cathedral. St. Paul's cathedral. Wells cathedral. Rochester cathedral. Winchester cathedral.--v.2. Lincoln cathedral. Chichester cathedral. Ely cathedral. Peterborough cathedral. Norwich cathedral. Exeter cathedral. Bristol cathedral. Oxford cathedral.--v.3. Lichfield cathedral. Gloucester cathedral. Hereford cathedral. Worcester cathedral. Durham cathedral. Carlisle cathedral. Chester cathedral. Ripon cathedral. St. David's cathedral. Llandaff cathedral. St. Asaph's cathedral. Bangor cathedral.