Dixon, Henry Hall, 1822-1870, Field and fern, or, Scottish flocks & herds (North) , 1865
- Field and fern, or, Scottish flocks & herds (North) / by H.H. Dixon ; author of The R.A.S. of England prize essay on shorthorns, 1865.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Field and fern
Scottish flocks & herds (North)
- London : Published by Rogerson & Tuxford, Mark Lane Express Office, 246, Strand, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- , 373,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portrait ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF75 .D53 1865Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page is engraved, with a portrait of Professor (William) Dick engraved by J. Brown, after a photograph by T.G. Tunny.
With a frontispiece portrait of Hugh Watson, engraved by J.B. Hunt after a photograph by Beard.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red half calf and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Reginald Bernhard Loder.
- Subject Terms:
- Country life -- Scotland.Livestock -- Scotland.Loder, Reginald Bernhard -- Bookplate.
- Stipple engravings -- 1865.
Wood engravings -- 1865.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.