Conversations and amusing tales : offered to the publick for the youth of Great Britain ...
- London : Printed for the author by Charles Clarke ..., published by Hatchard ..., and sold by Cadell and Davies ..., Egerton..., Faulder ..., Peacock ..., Newberry [sic] ..., and Darton and Harvey ..., 1799.
- Physical Description:
- , [v]-xi, , 385,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., music ; 25 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4699 E65 C7 1799Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Dedication type-signed: Harriet English.
Frontispiece signed: W. Hamilton, R.A., and F. Bartolozzi.
Signatures: [pi]¹ a⁴ [chi]¹ A-Z⁴ Aa-Zz⁴ 3A-3C⁴.
English short title catalogue, T34058
Roscoe, S. John Newbery, J101
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, II, 884
Gumuchian & cie. Livres de l'enfance du XVe au XIXe siècle, 2414
Includes music: Address to the British Fair, [by S. Webbe according to Osborne cited above],  leaves of plates following p. 385.
List of subscribers,  p. at end.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 439
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in blind- and gold-tooled calf; marbled endpapers. Bookplate: William Selby Church.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories.Church, William Selby -- Bookplate.Clarke, Charles -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1799.
- Aquatints -- 1799.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.