- Additional Title(s):
- [London] : Tombleson & Compy, 11, Paternoster Row, 
- Physical Description:
- , iv, 84 p.,  leaves of plates, ( folded) : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.T2 F43 1834+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Published also under title: The Thames & Medway: a series of eighty splendid engravings ... With interesting historical descriptions by W.G. Fearnside, esq.
Dedication signed: William Gray Fearnside.
Steel engravings by Franz Abresch, Robert Acon, T. Bishop, H.W. Bond, James Carter, Thomas Clark, J. Cox, C. Finke [i.e. Hans Fincke?], C. Hall, T. Harris, J. How, T. Howard, Thomas Jeavons, Samuel Lacey, W. Lacey, William A. Lepetit, A. McClatchie, A.H. Payne, John A. Rolph, H. Sands, Robert Sands, John Smith, William Taylor, James Tingle, John Charles Varrall, Henry Wallis, Charles Westwood, and Henry Winkles; after Charles (?) Calvert, Thomas H. Shepherd, and William Tombleson. Wood engravings by John Cleghorn, and Welch.
Date of publication from Adams.
At head of title: La Thamise. Die Themse.
Published in association with Kreuzbauer of Karlsrue and was made available simultaneously in English and German. German and French captions are provided on some of the plates.
Title page is engraved.
Includes wood-engraved vignettes within the text.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 178
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, cf. 3325
MUDD WD 9794: Pages 83-84 wanting.
BAC: British Art Center bound in half green calf; top edge gilt.
- Subject Terms:
- Medway, River (England)Rivers -- England.Thames River (England)Tombleson & Compy. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1834.
Steel engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1834.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.