Polly / written by Mr. Gay ; drawings by William Nicholson.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : William Heinemann, 1923.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 107,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3473 .P6 1923+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- An opera.
The tunes (included) were selected and arranged by Pepusch.
All plates are accompanied by guard sheets with descriptive letterpress.
"Three hundred and eighty copies of this book have been printed on hand-made paper, of which three hundred and fifty copies are for sale and thirty are for presentation."--Verso of half-title.
"Printed in Great Britain by Richard Clay & Sons, Limited, Bungay, Suffolk."--Page .
Last page blank.
Campbell, C. William Nicholson : the graphic work, 175
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 52 of 350 numbered copies, signed by Nicholson. Bound in publisher's original blue cloth stamped in black and silver.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballad operas -- Librettos.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1923.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.