Herdman, William Gawin, 1805-1882, Pictorial relics of ancient Liverpool , MDCCCXLIII 
- Pictorial relics of ancient Liverpool : accompanied with descriptions of the antique buildings, etc. : compiled from original evidences, private muniments, and unpublished collections / by William Gawin Herdman, member of The Liverpool Academy, of The London Artists' Fund Society, and London Institute of Fine Arts, author of A folio of Continental sketches, etc. etc.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Ancient Liverpool
- London : Henry Graves and Company, 6, Pall Mall ; MDCCCXLIII 
Liverpool : William Holden, 13, Ranelagh Street, MDCCCXLIII 
- Physical Description:
- xii, viii, 104 p., 49 leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 93Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added lithographed title page: Ancient Liverpool.
Tinted lithographs drawn by William Gawin Herdman. Printed by Day & Haghe.
Printed by D. Marples, Lord-street.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 201
SML DA690 L8 +H45: Imperfect: Plate 27 out of place.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half red morocco, with gilt edges. The following plates are misplaced: 27 is at the end, 39 and 40 are transposed, 47 follows 32, and 46 follows 33.
- Subject Terms:
- Antiquities -- Great Britain.Architecture -- England -- Liverpool -- History.Buildings -- England -- Liverpool.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Henry Graves and Company -- Publisher.Holden, William -- Publisher.Liverpool (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Liverpool (England) -- Description and travel.Liverpool (England) -- History.Marples, D. -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1843.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.