Etching & etchers / by Philip Gilbert Hamerton.
- London : Macmillan & Co., 1868
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, , 354 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE2135 .H36 1868+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Etchings by John P. Knight, Richard Ansdell, Fred Tayler, Ridley, Charles West Cope, Maxine LaLanne, Jacques Callot, Charles Francois Daubigny, Adolphe Appien, Leon illevielle, and Theophile Chauvel.
Printed by R. Clay, Son, and Taylor, Bread Street Hill, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in three-quarter autumn leaf French levant with brown watered silk covered boards. Gilt top.
- Subject Terms:
- Etchers.Etching -- History.Etching -- Specimens -- 1868.Etching -- Technique.Macmillan & Co. -- Publisher.R. Clay, Son, and Taylor -- Printer.
- Book I. Powers and qualities of the art
- Book II. The English school
- Book III. The French school
- Book IV. The Dutch and other schools
- Book V. Processes
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.