The traveller / by Oliver Goldsmith ; with thirty illustrations designed expressly for the Art-Union of London.
- London : Printed by Levey, Robson, and Franklyn, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages, XXX leaves of plates : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3489 .T7 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece is an illustration by J. Gilbert, after Sir Joshua Reynolds, engraved by Henry Duff Linton. Wood engravings by John Thompson, James Davis Cooper, Walter George. Mason, L. C. Martin, Henry Vizetelly, William Measom, W. T. Green, W. J. Linton, Charles Thurston Thompson, J. L. Williams, Edward Dalziel, M. Jackson, H. Orrin Smith, Josiah Wood Whymper, J. L. Williams, George Dalziel, Martin & Corbould; after J. M. Gilbert, Edward Henry Corbould, John Absolon, John Martin, James Duffield Harding, William Leighton. Leitch, William Edward Frost, R. Huskisson, Clarkson Stanfield, Edward Henry Wehnert, Frederick Goodall, Frederick Tayler, G. Dodgson, Richard Ansdell, Joseph John Jenkins, Edward Matthew Ward, Edward Duncan, Edward Armitage, William Parrott, William Cave Thomas, John Leech, F. W. Hulme, Francis William Topham.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's printed cream boards with green cloth spine. With the bookplate of Stephen Parks.
- Subject Terms:
- Parks, Stephen -- Bookplate.Poetry, English.
Wood engravings -- 1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.