IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
A narrative of the cruise of the yacht Maria among the Feroe Islands in the summer of 1854 , 1855
A narrative of the cruise of the yacht Maria among the Feroe Islands in the summer of 1854 : with illustrations.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 89 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., map ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDL271.F2 N37 1855+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Attributed to A.H. Davenport. Cf. British Library.
Lithographs by M. & N. Hanhart.
Map of the Feroe Islands engraved by Edward Weller.
Printed by A. and G. A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square, London.
With a wood-engraved vignette on the title page.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 16, p. 867
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 81
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original blue cloth; gilt-stamped yacht on front cover. Binder's ticket: Bound by Westleys & Co., London. Armorial bookplate: Ramsden.
- Subject Terms:
- A. and G. A. Spottiswoode -- Printer.Faroe Islands -- Description and travel.Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans -- Publisher.Maria (Yacht)Ocean travel -- North Sea -- Personal narratives.Ramsden -- Bookplate.Westleys & Co. -- Binder.
- Wood engravings -- 1855.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1855.
Engravings -- 1855.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.