A narrative of the cruise of the yacht Maria among the Feroe Islands in the summer of 1854 , 1855
A narrative of the cruise of the yacht Maria among the Feroe Islands in the summer of 1854 : with illustrations.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 89 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., map ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDL271.F2 N37 1855+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Attributed to A.H. Davenport. Cf. British Library.
Lithographs by M. & N. Hanhart.
Map of the Feroe Islands engraved by Edward Weller.
Printed by A. and G. A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square, London.
With a wood-engraved vignette on the title page.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 16, p. 867
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 81
committed to retain 20190228 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original blue cloth; gilt-stamped yacht on front cover. Binder's ticket: Bound by Westleys & Co., London. Armorial bookplate: Ramsden.
- Subject Terms:
- A. and G. A. Spottiswoode -- Printer.Faroe Islands -- Description and travel.Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans -- Publisher.Maria (Yacht)Ocean travel -- North Sea -- Personal narratives.Ramsden -- Bookplate.Westleys & Co. -- Binder.
- Wood engravings -- 1855.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1855.
Engravings -- 1855.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.