Journey to the shores of the Polar Sea, in the years 1819-20-21-22 : with a brief account of the second journey in 1825-26-27 / by John Franklin, Capt. R.N. F.R.S. and Commander of the expedition : four vols., with plates.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, MDCCCXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes : illustrations, maps, portraits ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG650 .1819 F73Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title: Journeys to the Polar Sea.
Earlier version (London : J. Murray, 1823) published with title: Narrative of a journey to the shores of the Polar Seas in the years 1819, 20, 21, and 22.
Engravings by Edward Finden: after J. Jackson, Lieut. Hood, and Lieut. Back.
Dr. Richardson's narrative included in v. 4.
MUDD WA 23586: Poor condition.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt tooled blue calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions.Northwest, Canadian -- Description and travel.Scientific expeditions.
Engravings -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Franklin, John, 1786-1847, Journey to the shores of the Polar Sea, in the years 1819-20-21-22 , MDCCCXXIX 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.