Gregson, Matthew, 1749-1824, Portfolio, second edition, with additions, of fragments, relative to the history and atiquities of the county palatine and duchy of Lancaster ... , 1824
- Portfolio, second edition, with additions, of fragments, relative to the history and atiquities of the county palatine and duchy of Lancaster ... / by Matthew Gregson ... in three parts with addition, stitched, and two large pedigrees, portraits, prints, a large sheet map of the county, and upwards of 1600 engraved coats of arms and quarterings of Lancashire families and their alliances.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Portfolio of fragments, relative to the history and atiquities of the county palatine and duchy of Lancaster
- Liverpool : To be had of the editor, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 4, [vii]-viii, [v]-vii, , vii-x, 302 (i.e.324), cviii p. : ill. (some fold.) ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L2 F74 1824+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed by C.A. Worrall, Slater-Court, Liverpool."--Foot of title page.
Some of the lithographs printed by Charles Joseph Hullmandel.
Each part has separate title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy is Gregson's proof copy, extra-illustrated, with many leaves from the author's corrected proof sheets (some of which did not appear in the 3rd edition). Several sheets are inlaid to size. Also imperfect: 9 leaves of text are wanting (replaced with blank pages). Prospectus bound in at front. From the library of the Rev. Thomas Corser. Two receipts laid in: Thomas Arthur, second hand bookseller, 45, Bookselller's Row, Strand, WC. Dated: Nov. 18th, 1873. Purchased by F.C. Brook, Esq. Bound in gilt-tooled green morocco
BAC: British Art Center copy has bound with it: The tenth report of the ladies charity, or, Institution for the relief of poor married women in child-bed. Liverpool, 1806 -- Report and statement of accounts of the parish of Liverpool, for the year MDCCXCII. Liverpool, 1794 -- Report of the state of the Blue Coat Hospial, in Liverpool, December 31, 1813. Liverpool, 1814.
- Subject Terms:
- Hullmandel, Charles Joseph, -- Printer.Lancashire (England) -- Antiquities.Lancashire (England) -- Genealogy.Lancashire (England) -- History.Nichols, Son, and Bentley -- Printer.Worrall, C.A., -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1824.
Etchings -- 1824.
Lithographs -- 1824.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.