Higginson, A. Henry, As hounds ran;, 1930
- As hounds ran; four centuries of foxhunting, edited by A. Henry Higginson; with forewords by John Masefield and Edgar Astley Milne; illustrated with contemporary prints and with new drawings by Cecil Aldin & Lionel Edwards.
- New York, Huntington press, 1930.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 240 p. 1 l., col. front., plates, ports. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1071Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed by D. B. Updike, The Merrymount press, Boston, the text band set in Janson type, printed on Leipzig paper. Of an edition of 990 copies for America & England this is number 915."
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 381
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Linen-texture greyish-pink cloth; stamped in gilt on front and back covers and spine, pictorial gold stamping on front and back covers and spine, gold lettering on spine, top edge greyish-pink over gilt, untrimmed. Half-title, color frontispiece, title-page, 1 plate of a color photolithograph, 29 plates of photolithographs. Some plates after Cecil Aldin and Lionel Edwards. Number 289 of 990 copies. Spine height: 10 1/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.