History in brief of "Leopard" and "Linden" : General Grant's Arabian stallions : presented to him by the Sultan of Turkey in 1879 : also their sons "General Beale," "Hegira," and "Islam," bred by Randolph Huntington : also reference to the celebrated stallion "Henry Clay."
- Additional Title(s):
Cover title: General Grant's Arabian horses, Leopard and Linden Tree, and their sons Beale and Hegira
- [Philadelphia?] : Printed for the author by J.B. Lippincott Company, 1885.
- Physical Description:
- 66 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF293.A8 H86 1885+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original dark green cloth; gold Arabic vignette on front cover, gold lettering on front cover. Inscribed by the author to G.C. Sue.
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian horse -- Pictorial works.Arabian horse.Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885.Huntington, Randolph -- Presentation inscription to G. C. Sue.Sue, G. C. -- Presentation inscription from Randolph Huntington.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1885.
YCBA Collections Search
Huntington, Randolph, History in brief of "Leopard" and "Linden" , 1885
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.